When you are involved in the research process, whether it is for a short essay or a longer research project, you will be engaging with other people's work; their words, ideas and arguments.
This guide will:
- Explain how to construct references according to the Harvard Standard for a variety of different sources
- Give examples of how to present references in your text include a sample bibliography
This guide can be downloaded as a full PDF.
The web version of the guide is also available via the links in the 'Referencing' menu above.
Contents of the guide:
- Avoiding Plagiarism and Citing Other People's Work
- How to Use Quotations
- Using Non-English Quotations and International Sources
- Referencing Printed Sources
- Referencing Electronic Sources
- Referencing Audio Visual & Performance Sources
- Referencing Personal Communications
- Referencing Printed Images
- Creating a list of Figures
- A sample reference list
If you need further help with referencing or constructing a bibliography please contact your Subject Librarian.